Monday, June 13, 2011

Apply it to Me Monday

The month of May went by in a whirlwind for us, and now it feels as though June is going just as fast. We had lots to celebrate in May, and little time to blog about it. Josh turned 33, and Kylee turned 4. We watched several seniors graduate and I was surprised to find myself tearing up over it. I'll probably be a basket case when it's Kylee and Aubrey!  And those of you who have gone before me in this stage of life, I can hear you saying, "it goes by faster than you know, so enjoy it!"  I may just put a quarter in a jar every time I hear that, and I can probably pay for both of their college educations with those quarters!  Here are just a few pictures from our fun times in May.  Hopefully we'll be posting considerably more in the weeks to come!

 Josh's birthday cake.  I think it's the only picture I took...
I'll have to do better next year!

Kylee patiently waiting for our "cupcake" celebration with GramGram and Poppa.

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!

She was DELIGHTED over all those gifts.

Nothing compares to seeing the excitement of your sweet child on their special day.

Kylee's Tea Party with her friends.

Blowing out her candle.

Friends

I thought this was sweet.

I came across a scripture today that I thought I'd share with you.  It's Philippians 2:5 and says simply, "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."  Wow, somehow that was just a lot for me to swallow today, and so I'm making it my prayer to have the mind and attitude of Christ.  To consider others better than myself (v. 3), and to look to the interests of others (v.4).  My desire is not just to know about Christ, but to really KNOW him in such a way that the humility of my life is simply a reflection of the humility of Christ. 

Father, this day, make my heart a sanctuary, a dwelling place for you.  I long to walk with you, to think your thoughts, possess your love, and act with your humility.  Cause my attitude to conform to yours, and make my life a reflection of your love.  In Jesus' Holy Name, Amen.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your day!  Love you all!
~Josh and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment