Monday, January 24, 2011

Apply it to Me Monday

We experienced a beautiful time last week on our pastoral staff retreat at Pastor's place in the Ozarks.  It snowed our first night there, and we enjoyed the beauty of the snow for the remainder of our time there. We forgot our beloved camera, so we do not have pictures to share. 

Today is our first morning with Kylee and Aubrey back, so they are keeping me extra busy.  Today's post will have to be quick, but I did want to share a verse I was reminded of during our retreat that has carried me through some hard times.  Sometimes we just need to be reminded of the security God has for us even in troubled times. 

"He is your constant source of stability.  He abundantly provides safety and great wisdom; He gives all this to those who fear Him.  "  Isaiah 33:6 (NET)

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just need to know that God has security and safety for me.  Sometimes life is scary and unpredictable.  Sometimes life is just stinkin' hard.  I am so thankful that He is my CONSTANT source of stability, safety, and wisdom! 

We hope this verse encourages you today.  If you are in a difficult or scary season in your life right now, you may want to write this verse down and take it with you everywhere you go as a constant reminder to you that God is so mindful of you!

~Josh and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment