Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Living In God's Favor

Alright. Some of you may remember a few months ago, I sent out a request on facebook for you to believe with me.  There were three VERY specific things I was believing God for, and today I am finally sharing with you just what God is doing in our lives.  So, if you are one who truly prayed for us specifically over that request, get ready to celebrate!  However you want to celebrate. You can jump up and down in praise... break out the apple cider and pumpkin pie... LOL!  God is doing great things, and we are so excited to give Him the praise!

I actually took a break from posting on here, because I felt that a short break was needed, and looking at the last post, I wrote about perceiving our circumstances through thankfulness rather than a spirit of complaining. Over the course of the past few months, repeatedly I have felt from the Lord to find thankfulness in EVERYTHING, and that the more I am thankful the more He is able to bestow blessing and favor on my life.  So, I find it so much like God to place on my heart to return to blogging, now that thankulness and obedience is reaping a harvest of His unmistakable favor in my life.  And let me say this now.... God's favor is available to EVERYONE!  It is just as available to you as it is to me.  He is no respector of persons.  He does NOT play favorites!  However, there is favor that is available for EVERYONE to tap into.

There were three major areas of my life in which, I confess, I was doing a certain amount of complaining to God over.  Through some unusual circumstances and an undeniable God moment in my life over the summer, God placed on my heart to sow seed money for three months.  One month for each of my requests.  And so, I did.  And I have dark roots on this blonde head to prove it!  A sacrifice I'd make again to see God's hand in such a way as I have. 

The first month we sowed all our extra money asking the Lord for financial provision.  Within one month's time, we received a 100 fold financial blessing from that seed.  God solidified in our hearts through that blessing that He is very aware of our needs and is taking care of us.  PRAISE HIM!  It gets better!

The second month we sowed all the extra money we had and asked God to bless us with another child.  This is something we have longed for and have found difficulty along the way, so we cried out to God.  About a month later, we conceived and are now 10 weeks!
You have no idea how exciting it was to go into an ultra sound and see a baby!  In past experience, we had gone to find nothing at all... but Praise God!  This time a baby!  The heartbeat was like music!

Are you celebrating the goodness of God, yet?  It's not that throwing down money gets us what we want.  However, it is that when we combine thankfulness with obedience, the blessings of God are not hindered!

We sowed for a third time, and cannot yet share the details of our third seed.  But can I say this?  We are seeing God's hand all over again, and can't wait to share the praise report with you!

For those of you who knew we were seeking God, and prayed, THANK YOU!  Please continue to keep us in your prayers, and pray over this precious baby we are already in love with!  We want to believe God for you too!  You can contact us by leaving a comment, sending an email through our website, http://www.josh-jill.com/, or calling/texting.  God is very aware of you, and He longs for His favor to rest on your life!  Do you feel the favor of God is being hindered?  Ask God to show you the right walk of obedience, and He will do just that!

I want to leave you with an encouraging passage of scripture:
"The Lord was with Joseph and he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master.  When his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord gave him success in everything he did, Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant.  Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned.  From the time he put him in charge of his household and all that he owned, the Lord blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph.  The blessing of the Lord was on everything Potipha had, both in the house and in the field.  So he left in Joseph's care everything he had; with Joseph in charge, he did not conern himself with anything except the food he ate."  (Genesis 39:2-6)

Walk in God's Favor!
~Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment