Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days of Thanks

It's that time of year.  The time we focus on the things we're thankful for.  We either cook yummy food or delight in the graciousness of someone's else's yummy cooking (thank God for moms and grandmas!)  in the presence of the family God gave us. 

I have enjoyed reading the daily words of thanks many people are posting on facebook, and I have to admit, posting daily on facebook is not my strongpoint, so I thought I'd list 30 days of thanks right here on the blog!  So, here it goes:

1.  Food to eat

2.  A roof over my head

3.  Clothes on my back

4.  A family to serve

5.  The Call of God to advance His Kingdom

6.  The privilege of being born in the great nation we call America

7.  Parents who raised me to know God

8.  Ministers who poured into my life along the way

9.  The privilege of prayer

10.The way God provides when no one else notices the need

11.The way God protects me & the ones I love

12.The adventures I've experienced in life and even the adventures still to anticipate

13.Laughter

14.Music

15.Dates with my husband

16.One on one time with my girls

17.A few favorite Bible Study authors

18.God's written Word and His revelation to our hearts when we uncover the mysteries that lie within

19.Hot tea sweetened with honey

20.Good ole' southern iced tea

21.Caring in-laws

22.Friends God has given us along the way

23.The baby we are expecting

24.The fact that my girls play together and are best friends

25.All the awesome recipes I've collected from other blogs!

26.Star gazing

27.Christmas, the hope of a Savior

28.The gifts God has given me, no matter how insignificant they may seem at times... He is GREAT
      in our weakness.

29.God's grace that is great toward me... completely undeserved

30.The Hope of Heaven

Maybe you are like me and there has been a time you read something someone posted on facebook that they were giving thanks for, and you thought, "That's great for them, but that's exactly what my life is lacking right now."  Someone could have received a million dollars while you are struggling to pay the bills.  It's tough to read about someone's awesome family when maybe you lost someone you loved dearly.  I can give thanks for my husband and children, but I am completely aware that someone could read this who is single, or in a broken relationship.  Maybe you long for children, but it seems like an unanswered prayer. 

No matter how blessed we are in this life on earth, there is probably always some area that seems to lack in our life.  Simply because on this fallen earth we are not living in the completeness of what God has in store for us.  I say that simply to say, when my life seems to lack in some area, then sure, I pray and believe God to bring that thing about, and so often He does.  I also remind myself that life on this earth is NOT IT!  I am living for something greater.  I am living for the day when God's Kingdom is all that prevails.  No more sickness.  No more death.  No more pain.  No more heartache.  No more unfulfilled days.  No more lack.

I have so much to be thankful for, but take it all away, and what is left is the hope of heaven!  I hope that encourages your heart.  It means everything to me!

"They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of Lords and King of Kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."  Revelation 17:14

"Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.  Rejoice in the Lord, you who are righteous, and praise His holy name."  Psalm 97:11-12

Live for Eternity!
~Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment