Monday, July 5, 2010

So Much to Celebrate

We hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July holiday this weekend. Yesterday we celebrated with our church family. It was so good to be with everyone again after our week and a half long mission trip. Several students who attended the trip shared stories of things they saw God do throughout the trip. It's our prayer that God used that to really solidify in them the things He spoke into their life during that week and a half. After service? One big family dinner with smoked chicken and sausage, baked beans and potato salad. And, oh the desserts! Then, Sunday night? Fireworks and swimming with the girls!

As I ponder over how much we have to celebrate and be thankful for, I can't help but reflect our times we've shared at the Grand Canyon. We spent our honeymoon there, vacationed there, and taken several mission teams there at the conclusion of our time on the Apache Reservation. This year was especially memorable, even though brief, because our little girls got to really experience it.

I've learned to really cherish the Fourth of July holiday, because I become increasingly sensitive to the fact that our freedom could be taken away. Then when I think on the largeness of the Grand Canyon I am reminded of Psalm 125:1-2. "Those who turst in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever." This fourth, I'm not just celebrating my American freedom, but the fact that when my security is in the Lord my God, I do not have to fall apart when it seems as though my world does. I can trust in the One who created it. So can you!
Aubrey, Kylee, & Hannah overlooking the Grand Canyon
Kylee & Hannah
Can you tell they were big buds?
Aubrey

Kylee & Hannah
Kylee finally poses for me!


Well, this one's just for kicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment