Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Proof that it Works

Over the weekend, I did a little coupon shopping since I fell a little behind during November.  I thought I had a pretty good trip, so thought I'd share.

Everything you see in the picture below cost me $89.
Amount of money I saved?  $79.
Basically, this is $170 worth of groceries/household items for $90.


11 boxes of 24 to 25 oz cereal
4 bottles of Pantene shampoo/conditioner (one went missing)
3 tubes of Crest toothpaste
2 Tide stain release
1 bottle Wisk laundry detergent
2 cover girl foundation
2 packages Eddy smoked sausage
Enough Top sirloin steak to feed about 7 people (we'll be having company!)
Chuck roast

That list is what was on sale or things I used coupons with.... or both!  Everything else I just added on because we needed or wanted it.  I only went to two stores, CVS and Kroger.  At CVS, handing the cashier my coupons was like handing her $15 in cash.  I had that much in coupons!  Plus, I have $10 to spend toward my next purchase in the store!  Oh, and I mentioned I fell behind in November.  Well, that was okay, because we had so much stocked up from other shopping trips that we never had to go out because there was nothing to eat at home.  We lived off of our supply...  for a whole month!

Thanks for letting me brag about my shopping trip! And if my frugal friend, Elizabeth, happens to read this, thanks for doing what you do!  That couponing class changed everything about my shopping habits, and I am so thankful for it!   Often times, people really question if couponing is worth it.  To me, this is proof that it is! 

Have a great Wednesday!

~Josh and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment