Saturday, December 18, 2010

Scripture Spirals for the New Year

I just have to say I am so thankful for all the wonderful Bible Studies we get to share in by Beth Moore and so many other wonderful women teachers out there.  If you are a woman in Shreveport and are not able to make our Monday evening Bible Study, I pray God makes a way for you to get to be there.  It is one of the greatest delights in my life to allow God's Word to be poured into my heart through these types of studies.  Honestly, it's hard to even imagine life without it.  It has brought such encouragement and strength to my walk with God.  When His Word becomes living and active inside of us, it is powerful beyond measure. 

Many of you out there who know Josh and I very well know that we keep a spiral index notebook for scripture memory.  Every 1st and 15th of the month we assign a new scripture to memorize together and apply to our everyday living.  Let me tell you, it really has a "WOW" impact on our lives and ministry!  Many of you know because you are memorizing this way as well now.  God is just so good in how He uses other godly people to inspire us to take challenges to grow spiritually and to overcome strongholds in our lives.  I read Beth Moore's blog one day and found out about the "Siesta Scripture Memory Team" there in Houston.  Every 1st and 15th of each month, they memorize a scripture together.  While reading it, God so gently spoke to my heart that Josh and I needed to do exactly that.  We were walking through a difficult season, and I cannot begin to tell you the sustenance those scriptures brought us.  We saw breakthroughs and miracles take place in our lives and the lives of those around us while standing on the scriptures we were memorizing.

I'm sharing all this, because I want to share a blog post by Beth Moore with you!  Her team has designed a 2011 Siesta Scripture Memory spiral that is too cute!  Guys, you won't want this one, but girls are gonna love it! 



Isn't that too cute?  I ordered one right away, of course, but then thought of person after person I could order one for.  It made me sad that I couldn't order for everyone, so I thought I'd post it on the blog to let ya know about it.  For all my Bible Study sisters out there, you know if you've gone through very many sessions with Beth Moore at all, you FEEL like you are a part of her group of women down there in Houston, Texas.  So, I guess I'm just sayin' I kinda feel like a siesta too.  When I start my new verses for the New Year, I'll be putting them in my cool little Siesta spiral.  Josh can stick with the Walmart version.

So, if you love a good Bible Study, or if God is stirring your heart to make a new commitment to memorize scripture in 2011, let me encourage you to check out Beth's blog post!My Fun Little Siesta Surprise!

We love you, and pray you have a blessed weekend!

~Josh and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment