Monday, April 18, 2011

Apply it to Me Monday

Every month I make a goal to memorize two scriptures.  That's one scripture to work on over a two week period.  I keep them in a little index size spiral notebook and keep them on my kitchen counter since that seems to be the room I live in the most!  To be honest, I've done more reading my scriptures than memorizing in 2011, so I've been playing catch up this morning.  I thought I'd share the most recent one with you today.

"Therefore, my dear brothers (and sisters!), stand firm.  Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."  1 Corinthians 15:58

This scripture encourages us as believers to stand firm in the truths of God's Word against the false teachings of the world.  We know that our labor is not in vain because we believe that our inheritance through Jesus Christ is real.  He died on the cross and was resurrected so that we could have eternal life.  It's more than a sweet story we were told as a child.  It's our heritage.  It's our future.  It's our only hope in life.

I can't talk about this scripture without being reminded of how blessed we have been over the past weeks at Gateway Church to be taught the importance of God's Word, and holding to the truths of it.  If you'd like to listen in on sermons that have been life giving for us, click here to see a comprehensive list of sermons that I promise are worth your time in listening to.

I know today's post hasn't been the funniest or most entertaining.  It's not even the most well-written for that matter.  My prayer, however, is that you will be encouraged through His Word, which is the BEST word ever written, and stand firm in your faith wherever life has you right now.  I want my life to be full of Kingdom purpose and nothing less, and I know I can only achieve that through standing on the truths of God's word, and continually studying that I may abound more and more in those truths with every passing day.

We love you!
~Josh and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment