Wednesday, February 15, 2012

14 Days to Loving Them Better

Happy Late Valentine's Day, Y'all!  Yesterday was so out of the ordinary for me I never found a chance to get on here!  So I'm going to post 2 ways today that I am challenging myself to love my kids better

The first is through gifts. For Kylee, my oldest, that's her love language. She thrives on receiving a gift! Nearly every time I help her get dressed, she wants to know who gave her the outfit she's wearing. Every night when she chooses a toy or stuffed animal to sleep with, she will ask who gave it to her. If she receives some little breakable figurine, it goes on display for all of eternity and so help me God if I dare try to hide it from her. LOL! She LOVES gifts, and as her mom, I want to speak that language from time to time. Yesterday was the perfect day to gift my children since it was Valentine's Day.



I had this waiting for the girls when we picked Kylee up from PreK.
The flowers were from my sweet man.


I didn't take the greatest pictures, but here they are excited to open their gifts.
Nothing fancy or too expensive, but just a little "I Love You."


Gifts are a wonderful expression of love, especially if it is your loved one's love language.  For me, one of the most fun times to give a gift is when it's totally unexpected.  Not a birthday or Christmas, just an expression that some special person was on my mind!

My second challenge today is touch.  I promise I'm not going through the love languages, although if you've not read the book by Gary Chapman you should!  So often I rock my kids before bed because it's routine, it's a duty.  I'm ready to get through the process so I can have some time.  I am so blessed to have two sweet girls who long to be held and rocked and cuddled to no end, really.  I don't want to be too busy to really pour that on in a meaningful, rather than dutiful, way.  So today my aim is to minister to my children through touch.  It may be a back scratch or a tickle attack.  Whatever seems to be appropriate and speak to their hearts, I am going to be intentional with!

Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the gift of motherhood.  Help me to see the needs of my children and give me the wisdom I need to adequately fill those needs.  Your word says in James 1:5 that "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."  Today I ask for wisdom.  Help me to love my children and my husband better.  From there help me to love my neighbors better as well!
In the Perfect Name of Jesus Christ,
Amen!

On Assignment,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment