Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Giving Him our Hurts

I love that God loves me enough to take notice of every situation I go through... no matter how big or small. 

I love that He knows right where to direct you in His Word... even when you don't know you're being directed.

If I can be just this vulnerable on here, I 've carried some hurt, for well, quite some time.  It's funny how little hurt + little hurt + little hurt + time passing + little hurt = BIG HURT.  Is it just me, or does it work that way for some of you too?

This morning somehow all those little hurts opened right back up in my heart, and while I was tempted to ignore it and go on about my day, I felt impressed to stop right then and get in the Word of God.  So, I opened up my devotional by Sarah Young, and my James homework from our Beth Moore Bible Study at Gateway Church, and man, did God have a word for me!  Love how He does that!

First, I skimmed my homework from yesterday and was reminded of a very comforting verse that meant more to me today than yesterday:

"All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you."  Psalm 38:9

From there I worked through today's lesson, and while I won't deliberate over all the details (you would be reading all day), I will say that the things that applied to what I was feeling in that moment were incredibly timely for me.  Certain situations remain the same for now in my life, but I am comforted in knowing that God sees, cares, and sent a Word just for me!  I can hand those issues right over to Him.  He knows how to handle them far better than I.

As far as the situations?  I know they can change because John 15:16 says this:

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last.  Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name."

What about you?  Are you carrying hurts?  Have you handed them over to God or are you trying to bear it all on your own?  Can I challenge you to do this:  Stop everything and go to His Word.  He longs to speak to you there!

~Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment