Monday, January 30, 2012

Apply it to Me Monday

We had an extremely busy but blessed weekend!  Friday night we had a bowling night with our youth group, and it turned out to be a blast for the girls!  Sometimes they get thrown into things they just have to endure, so it was good for this mama's heart to watch them have a good time with their buddies.  With the bumpers and slide, they outscored me! (For what that's worth!) 




This morning I have been thinking about the fact that our blog is named "On Assignment."  I woke up with a prayer in my heart to live this day "On Assignment" for the Kingdom of God. My heart cry is to hear His voice when He speaks and to have the strength and will to obey.  I walk past hurting people every day, and I know at times I'm so busy with my own agenda, I do not even listen to what God may be speaking.  I think we have to be willing to allow God to interrupt our agenda for His higher purpose.  What may make us a few minutes late to work or an appointment could be a matter of Heaven or Hell for someone who is lost, or a matter of hope for someone who has lost all reason to live.

Matthew 28:19-20 says:
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commnaded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."


Those were Jesus' final words before He ascended to Heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father.  He must have felt that was the most important thing for us as believers to remember.  The thought of going into all the world can be overwhelming, so what if we just began with "our" world?  The workplace, the grocery store, the neighbor, the man holding a cardboard sign on the street corner, maybe even the thirsty kid at church who can't reach the water fountain.  What if we just became INTENTIONAL about our FAITH in every little detail of our day?  I think "our" world would change.

Something I have learned is this:  I only become INTENTIONAL when I ask God to give me focus, to give me His eyes, and to make me sensitive to His voice.  Out of all the nagging responsibilities I have to fulfill today, He has SOMETHING on His Kingdom agenda for me to do.  He has SOMETHING for YOU as well!

So my challenge to you is simply to ask God to make you sensitive to His voice so you can be the very hands and feet of Jesus to someone today, and every day! 

If you get that opportunity to be intentional about being the hands and feet of Jesus to someone, we'd love to hear about it in a comment!  That encourages us and other believers as well!  So let us hear from you!


Live On Assignment!
~Josh and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment