Sunday, October 9, 2011

Apply it to Me Monday

I've had a passage of scripture on my heart repeatedly throughout the past week.  In our society, it seems that more and more often children are seen as an inconvenience rather than a gift from God.  It's easy as a mom to want that break or alone time so badly that I can forget to cherish the time I have with my children.  How it must grieve the heart of God when we become so wrapped up in ourselves that we neglect the gift He entrusted to us.  A young heart to nurture, love, care for, and protect.  Not only has He entrusted this task to us, we only get one chance in life to get it right.  There are no do-overs.  Sometimes that overwhelms me, but it's in those overwhelmed moments I know I need to go to the Word of God and hear God's perspective and rely on His guidance.  I love what it says in the Psalm 127:3-5:


Children are a gift from the Lord; babies are a reward.  Children who are born to a young man are like arrows in the hand of a warrior.  Happy is the man who has his bag full of arrows. They will not be defeated when they fight their enemies at the city gate.
(NCV)


The Message says it this way:
Oh, how blessed are you parents, with your quivers full of children! Your enemies don't stand a chance against you; you'll sweep them right off your doorstep.

Children are a heritage from God!  A gift He must delight the most in giving. 

Father,
Help me to treasure my children the way you treasure them.  Give me the strength to be diligent, patient, consistent, and loving.  In the moments when I feel weary and even ungrateful, fill my heart with joy and gratitude for the precious gifts you've trusted me with.  May the desires of my heart and the attitudes toward my children line up with your Word.  Thank you for my children.  They are the best gift I could ever receive!


One last thing...
If you are a mom, a wife, or still single and waiting, I encourage you to stay strong in the 31 day "Make Your Home a Haven" challenge.  Check it out
here!

A few fall pics of my delightful gifts:









No comments:

Post a Comment