Monday, October 3, 2011

Apply it to Me Monday

I am going to be really brief on here today, as I so often feel I have to be!  Life with preschoolers is busy, but wonderfully so!

I came across a scripture today that encouraged me.  Sometimes I am overwhelmed with the task of parenting effectively, being a loving wife, and influential for God Kingdom in the lives of others. Sometimes I really fear getting it wrong or really messing things up big time, especially with parenting my kids.  Listen to what King David wrote in Psalm 25:14-15:

"The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.  My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare."

The Message translation words it this way:
"If I keep my eyes on God, I won't trip over my own feet."


I love that!  I don't have to have it all together, I simply need to keep my eyes on Him!  When my full trust is in Him, He will fulfill His very best in my life and will keep me not only from snares of the enemy, but snares that I might walk into on my own! 

So if life seems overwhelming to you, I challenge you to take a moment to assess if your eyes are truly on God.  If not, ask Him to help redirect your focus, and He will direct your path! (Prov. 3:5-6) 

One last thing, today is the official start of the 31 day Fall Challenge:  Make Your Home a Haven.  I encourage you to hop on over to Courtney's blog at Women Living Well and be inspired to make a little extra effort this fall to be the wife and mom your family needs you to be!  There are many principles that can apply to men as well. 

I'm lighting my candle, and commiting before God to make my home the haven He intends for it to be this fall!

Have a WONDERFUL day on this beautiful October Monday!
~Josh and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment