Monday, January 9, 2012

Apply it to Me Monday

It's a brand new year and with that often come new joys and excitements, and sometimes a new year can bring unexpected hardships.  We all go through seasons.  Some wonderful, full of joy and peace.  Other seasons can leave us heartbroken and devastated, while still others simply require much longsuffering and patience.  Whatever season 2012 finds you in, we pray that God blesses you and strengthens you beyond measure.

We are starting our BRAND NEW Bible Study today at Gateway Church on the book of James.  I've been excited about this one for a LONG time, and by the grace of God I will do all 5 levels of this study!  Those are: watching the video segments, doing the homework, writing out the book of James, doing the extra study, and memorizing the entire book of James!  Wow!  That's a lot, but I'm excited to see how God wants to use that to bring spiritual growth and change in me.

I thought it would be fitting to read a little in James since, after all, I do have my work cut out, and I read a scripture that I knew would speak to those of you in a difficult season, so I think I'll just share it:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finsih its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."  James 1:2-5

Are you facing a trial today?  I wish I had all the answers to life's problems, but I'm so thankful I know the one who does and I can go to Him for wisdom.  Above that, I can simply trust His plan when life doesn't quite make sense to me.

Love you all!  Check the past few posts for pictures of the girls at Christmas!

~Josh and Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment