Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Apply it to Me... Tuesday

 I told you I'd post pics of our new bunny on here (aka Lord Fluffy) and I have realized that I have only taken a couple of vidoes, not actual pictures.  After hours of trying to get the videos to download I finally gave up, and now I am very late getting this post up. 

In one of the videos, little Aubrey gets bitten by the bunny.  Poor thing.  I didn't think it was that big of a deal, until I saw the blood on her hands.  Bunnies have some sharp little teeth apparently.  She walked around nursing her little finger all day.  And oh, if you dared to mention the bunny she got the most downtrodden little look on her face.  I was afraid she may not recover from the tragedy, but she has gotten back out there to feed the bunny and has done great with that!  I suppose one of the greatest lessons we can teach our kids is to overcome their fear, and get back out there to try again!

Hopefully I will remember to take some cute pictures to share!

I am going to share a verse with you today that expresses the hunger we have in our hearts for God.  I long to know Him more in 2012 and to go deeper in prayer and in the study of His Word. This is a prayer I am sending out to my Heavenly Father today.  Perhaps it is yours as well.

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water."  Psalm 63:1

I love 1 Chronicles 28:9.  It says:
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your Father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts.  If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever."

Is there a longing deep inside you for a sense of God's nearness?  He is just a prayer away.  He is a relational God who does not demand from us.  Oh, but the moment we cry out to Him, He hears our plea and we FIND HIM!  Like the caring father that He is, He meets our every need.  Our only part is really to seek Him out.

Live On Assignment,
~Josh and Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment