Tuesday, September 27, 2011

31 Day Fall Challenge... Making Your Home a Haven

I'm putting candles on my next shopping trip list.  Lots of candles!  Why?  I read about a challenge called "Making Your Home a Haven" by Courtney at Women Living Well.  The challenge is to create ways to bring peace and calmness into your home in the midst of all the hectic activity of school, extracurricular activities, jobs, and whatever else may be keeping your life tense. 

Part of the challenge is to light a candle in your home every day.  Each time you light the candle, pray for peace in your home.  If you stay home, you may light the candle in the morning and let it burn all day.  Others may start the candle at dinner time.  The idea is to focus on establishing a peaceful and loving atmosphere at home.

I've heard it said before that women are the ones who set the tone of the home.  That's not to say that negative tones are not ever set because of a husband's bad day or a child's wrong attitude, because those days will happen!  In general, however, it's my job as the mom to set a peaceful tone in my home with my attitude and efforts to support my family.  So I am thankul for this 31 day challenge to help me focus on making some improvements in that area.

Lighting a candle is only one aspect of this challenge, so I encourage you to check out Courtney's post by clicking the link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment