Monday, July 25, 2011

Apply it to Me Monday

Okay.  These are the last of the pictures I have from Arizona.  These are mainly from our rest days in Flagstaff and at the Grand Canyon before heading back to Louisiana.

The team got a break from my cooking with a night out to Olive Garden.

Shopping at the little market place for Native Amercian jewelry.

Enjoying a little hiking after some time in the van.

I really wanted a cute picture of Aubrey in front of this
small canyon, and well, I guess I got one.  Ha!

Kylee and Aubrey with their new jewelry.

 The hair clips were so cute.



Waiting for the team to finish their hike in the Grand Canyon.

I probably should have cropped this one a little,but our team
is on that trail you see.  They look like ants, but they are in the picture!

Brad, Chris, and Josh

Watching for the group.  Look how small they look compared to the vastness of the Canyon.  It's amazing!

On the road again...

We saw this beautiful rainbow while driving.
I couldn't get a picture of the whole thing from the van, but it we had stepped outside, we could have seen the entire rainbow!  It was beautiful!


Abby, Katie, and Lauren

Chase H, John, Ray, and Tyler

Becky and Breanna

Caleb, Tom, Jeffrey, Zach, and Austin

Key and Garett

Kylee doing a little hiking with Daddy.

She was so excited about getting in the pool with her floaties!

All it takes is a little time out in nature, particularly where there are huge canyons and mountains, for my mind to dwell on God, the creator.  Genesis 1:1 says, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."  I'm amazed that the same God, who creates such vastness and beauty, with such intricate detail, cares for me.  All I have to do is call on Him, and immediately, He is there.  The same God, who created this complex planet and the universe that surrounds it, cares for you.  It's a comfort to know that He cares, and that He is ABLE to do those things His word promises He will do. 

~Josh & Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment